Friday, October 10, 2008

Offline

With moving day tomorrow, I will be offline until sometime Monday. We got to see the new place and I took some pictures of it. Strangely enough there is a fireplace and it messed up all my furniture placing! The gal at the office said there wasn't in our unit. Unfortunately it's a ghetto gas one with fake wood in it. Oyii. I wonder if it would be cheaper to use it to heat the living room then the heater on the wall? Hmm...

I've been reading here and there about ways to save on heating costs this winter, since it seems everyone is jacking up their prices. The easiest thing? Invest in a thick comforter for your bed and wear socks and a sweater in the house. It's much easier to turn the temp down at night while you're snug in bed to save a few bucks.

I also managed to trip over Susie today and majorly jerk around my lower back. Thanks cat, you have great timing for the move! I just hope that my new glider chair (thanks grandma!) can be put together tomorrow so I'll have somewhere comfy to sit while everyone else plays Earth Dawn.

jamie

1 comment:

Sidney said...

I don't know if you have control of your hot water heater, but turning it down a bit saves a ton on electricity. That way you don't have to turn on cold water with hot water sometimes, and your heater doesn't have to keep the water at such a high, constant temperature. :-) (my folks' builder gave us that tidbit!)