Thursday, October 2, 2008

29 Weeks

According to my reading, from now on Kaylee will be gaining a half pound a week until she's born. Ouch, no wonder my bladder felt squished today. Also, my uterus is four inches above my belly button. This can easily explain why I've had pain breathing... it's all getting squished! My energy level is easily depleted now, and unfortunately for Galen I find my temper getting shorter. So far I've held it in check.

We spent most of today on the phone canceling or moving the service of our electricity, water, sewer, garbage, phone, internet and all that jazz. We went down to the Verizon store and both got new cell phones. Now we each have our own numbers and I have peace of mind knowing that I can get a hold of Galen when he's at work at 3am. Who knows if this kid will be born the day after Thanksgiving or actually on the 18th of December? Now getting him to remember his phone as part of is daily routine might take some work, which is why it's better to get them now and have all of October to practice.

We're slowly going through all of our stuff and packing it into boxes. We've already made one Goodwill trip and donated at least four bags of clothes plus misc. stuff. I've started to tear down the knicknacks around my desk, and we already went through all our old bills. Galen had a blast shredding it all. That was three FULL bags of shredded paper. He was sad when it stopped.

My birthday is coming up shortly, and I'm seriously considering buying myself a new vacuum. Our current one comes from Galen's early bachelor days, which equates to almost 10 years old. Granted the thing still works, technically, but it doesn't pick up all the dirt off the floor. It falls under the category of nesting in a way. I just want to make sure my home is as clean as I can make it for my baby. Thankfully a new vacuum can be under $200. We'll see if I actually convince Galen or not. :)

jamie

No comments: