Thursday, October 16, 2008

31 Weeks


Are we feeling it yet? Hmm? I now get that horrifying round ligament pain when I lay down, and have added yet another pillow to my sleeping. I'm afraid I'm going to crowd Galen out here shortly. I also think I have Grandma and Mom's flat feet, because I have to wear my slippers all the time now, or I can't be standing more then five minutes in the kitchen without them throbbing. Day by day I find out just how genetically inferior I really am. All Galen has is the no milk bit, so hopefully Kaylee takes more after him then me!

I can really tell when Kaylee is head down, because when I'm walking around there is just this heavy pressure on my bladder that I cannot begin to describe. Yesterday was an OB appointment, and my darling seems to know it. The doctor was able to feel my belly and make a good guess where her head and bottom were, along with her back and limbs. Once that was determined, it seemed simple to find her heartbeat. Nope! That kiddo turned over and squirmed about doing her best to avoid the whole thing. It was weird to feel her twisting about like that, but she is head down right now, and usually having her back on my right side which explains why I feel all those kicks on my left. I do get bumps now and again above my bellybutton, but as she runs out of room those little feeties won't be able to stretch about and kick as much. Or at least, I hope so... I want my sleep before she gets here!

jamie

No comments: