I have Fuzzi Bunz! YAY! They were waiting for me when I came home from the doctor today. I got to get hooked up to a fetal monitor and all that jazz. The nurse first did an ultrasound and rated some basic physical stuffs. A physical before she's born! hehe! The "hardest" part (for the baby) was to see if her ribs moved, that she's practicing breathing, for a full 30 seconds. Which she did with flying colors. Everything that the nurse checked was just perfect. Yay! I got to sit around and watch her heartbeat for twenty minutes, the point of which was to record accelerations in the heartbeat. The nurse said that they wanted two in twenty minutes. I saw the counter go from 140 to 170 beats a few times, so everything is good. Usually she sits around 150. I'll be going in every week from now until delivery to get monitored. The things they do these days! It is kinda neat to watch, and apparently the nurse was able to see on the graph that I had a small BH contraction, which I never felt in the least.
After I was unhooked from the monitors, I swear my belly was lopsided with her little bunz poking out high on my right side, avoiding the monitors (which were just little round disks that watched her heartbeat and movement on this graph thingy). Sure enough, when I pushed on the bump, it was solid. Adorable!
Unfortunately she's back to her old tricks and kicking up a storm when I lay down for bed. The nurse said that it's very common for babies to be highly active from 10pm-2am, and that many women will go into labor at that time. Of course this has to do with the fact that I'm no longer moving, and once things go quiet baby wonders why. There's no more personal bouncer to lull her to sleep.
jamie

No comments:
Post a Comment