Friday, April 24, 2009

She Can Do That Too!

Seems like not a day goes by that Kaylee isn't doing something new. Today she was grinning from ear to ear on her tummy and reached out for a toy; a first! Later I had her on her tummy and spread out a bunch of bibs in front of her, they're colorful, and she reached out and grabbed one of those too. Stuffing it in her mouth of course, everything goes in the mouth. She can also pass a toy from hand to hand, and on occasion put her cork back in her mouth. Though she is always the one to pull it out in the first place.

I used my new Cuisinart for the first time and pureed up some sweet potato. I had two sitting around for awhile, they'd sprouted long purple things... but make great baby food! I even fed her some too, and she liked it. Trying to dodge the spoon around her grasping hand and into her mouth is becoming quite the challenge. But I've learned that if I hold the spoon up, she looks up, and I can hold her hand down with my other hand and then get the spoon in her mouth. Whew!

I've read up on how to freeze baby food here, and it looks like using an ice tray is a way to go for now. I'll start with that, but I did order these neat little containers for $5. That's my price range for convenience! There's lots of helpful info on that site, as well as a list of foods that do and do not freeze well. For now we'll stick to sweet potato and carrots. Which means her poo is gonna turn orange. *sigh*

jamie

1 comment:

wildflower023 said...

Awww! I cannot wait to see her again! She's become such a little lady, it's incredible. :-) Next thing you know she'll be asking for the car keys. ;-)
Also, two blog posts in one week! nothing like finals to inspire blogging.