Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Exploding Chocolate

You read right people, I had chocolate cover my kitchen. Everywhere. See I love reading The Pioneer Woman and she has this delicious chocolate cake I've been dying to try. But the whole diabetic thing has held me back. Well I felt positively vigorous today, I've been sweating buckets from all the cleaning, biking and playing with Kaylee I've been doing. So why not tackle the cake too? Kaylee looooves to watch me in the kitchen, so it would help her wind down a bit to take an afternoon nap. Isn't my little helper cute?



So, the cake. It's devilishly good looking on her site. But I don't have a "cake pan" like she does, but I do have a cookie sheet. It'll work fine! Baking the cake went great, Kaylee was entertained by my dancing around with wooden spoons. *cough* And I got to use my powdered coca that I never get to. Funs! Then comes the icing. Well I don't have a pound of powered sugar, I have a four pound bag though. So I guesstimate. When it started to get thick I figured I had enough. Pour over cake time! Hmmm.... well, you be the judge of my results.



Good looking, huh? I have probably 2 cups worth of extra in the fridge now that I didn't even bother to pour on the cake when it started to do this. Good thing I had it elevated on a cooling rack! I scooped up as much as I could with the spatula, but figured I'd just leave it and see what Galen says when he walks into the kitchen. Hehe, I can't wait.

jamie

ps: I know that the recipe calls for nuts, but I don't have any, so it might be the reason why the icing ran over so much, who knows :)

3 comments:

Lynnette said...

Nice job, so when so I come over to eat the cake?

Jamie said...

Tomorrow works!

Melissa said...

I love it! Can I have one bite?