Sunday, April 12, 2009

Arches for Easter

Yesterday Kaylee started arching her back in earnest. Seriously. In her bouncy seat she would stick her chest out and wiggle herself down into it until her feet were hanging over the end. Makes it much easier to get said feet into her mouth that way, you know. She then spent an hour before bed on her play mat arching and wiggling sideways around it. It's pretty darn cute, but alarming. She's been rolling side to side in pursuit of her feet, and now this? Next step, rolling over! I used to leave her on the changing table and take the three steps to her closet to pick out an outfit, but no more! While I don't think she's at the stage to toss herself off the changing table yet, it will be there when I least expect it.

My mommy confession for today is: I've used her washcloths (which are on top of the dresser right next to the changing table) to blow my nose in the morning when I'm stuck with Kaylee and no Kleenex in sight. Maybe I should just keep a box there? It seems I've got her glued to my hip when I need one, and then hands are free when changing her... yeah, I'm gonna go put a box up there. Problem solved! Or I could just keep using her washcloths and tossing them in the laundry bin. More eco friendly? I dunno! I despise allergies.

While today may be Easter, I don't consider myself religious. I've never been and will probably never be. But I do believe in any excuse possible to get together with family. I remember when I was little and getting so excited about Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. It was an occasion to dress up all fruu fruu like and see all my extended family that I never really did, except on the 4th of July. But we didn't dress up for that. Ahh.. fireworks.

I look forward to the holidays next year sooo much. I can see little girls crawling around in pretty dresses and getting dazed by all the camera flashes going off around them. Huzzah for little girls! Of course by next Easter, Kaylee should be walking. Wow, what a concept. Let me just sit here a moment and absorb that.

Right, I'll take everything one step at a time thanks. I like my little girl staying cute and super little. With the day by day progression and laughter for her daddy when he's silly. Which is rather often because he can't resist making faces for her just to hear that laugh.

Now, should I pack her bouncy seat and haul it to my parents so she will have a place to sit, or not? Gah... back to cooking potatoes!

jamie

No comments: