Sunday, April 19, 2009

Can't Sleep

You'd think with all the things I go through every day to take care of Kaylee I'd be drop dead tired at the end of the day and fall into bed fast asleep. I wish it were that easy. I usually am drop dead tired, but I lay in bed for hours without sleeping. It's reached that stage beyond annoying. It's frustratingly aggravating! And when I do manage to fall asleep after two or more hours laying there, I then wake up to Kaylee needing to be fed at 1am. Climb back in bed and start over. Or! If I finally fall asleep, I'll sleep for maybe an hour and then wake back up. For no reason. Just because. It's enough to send me into fits.

So now I've been taking Tylenol PM and I go peacefully into that good night. It's a wonder. Really, it is. I'm not put into this groggy completely out of it state, just makes it easy to actually fall asleep. And quickly. As in, no more looking at the clock from 9pm to midnight. Usually I see 9:20 and then I'm out shortly after. Well tonight I decided to do a little test. Yay me with my brilliant ideas. I didn't take any of the PM just normal Tylenol to stop my toes from doing a jig. That's a whole different bag of tricks that I won't get into now. And wouldn't ya know it, I'm still up at almost 11pm. Not only that, I'm wide awake. Can I beat my head against a wall to see if it helps, or will that just wake the neighbors?

Honestly, I think it has a lot to do with my weight. Which is something that I've struggled with all my life. I've never been slender, or at least not that I remember. I was always the fat kid picked on in school, more so since I was tall too. I've watched my weight steadily climb all through highschool and beyond. Well now I need some help, but I'm not sure where to get it. I know that I eat healthy, waaaay more so now then I did even two years ago. So the main focus is exercise. I have a nice little bike that I use maybe 3 times a week. The trouble is that I don't like using it when Galen is home, so that means I use it in the morning before he comes back from work. And when I do get a chance to use it, it's a 50/50 if I can get in more then 10 minutes without needing to stop and tend to Kaylee.

My goal is to get down to 250 pounds by Christmas. That would be less then my prepregnancy weight. Then hopefully I will be pregnant again with our second child, and after said child is born I want to work my way down to 200. I would be estatic to be at 200. I weighed that much in my senior year of highschool. It would be nice to buy clothes from a normal department store instead of going to a specality "plus sizes" store. Galen says that if I can get down to 250 by Christmas he'll buy me a whole new wardrobe of clothes. Someone help me get there!!!

jamie

No comments: