This morning Kaylee managed to squiggle herself a full 180 degrees on her blanket while wearing just a diaper, on her tummy. She can only go counter clockwise so far, but I watched and talked to her as she scooted herself around, first her head was on the left and then on the right! It's pretty funny to watch, she's rather vocal about the whole thing. She can also get some good swing with her hips and ended up on her side a handful of times. Those little toes are doing most of the pushing with her legs bunching up under her as well. It seems like she's constantly chasing her hand, always licking it, hehe. She can't do this with clothes on because she needs the purchase of bare limbs.
I've got a semi-routine with her in the morning that goes feeding, changing, haul blanket/outfit/baby into living room and let her squiggle in just a diaper for ~30min. Today she wanted to squiggle even after I put her clothes on. Her little toes get soooo cold I don't like to leave them bare for too long, even if the heater is going. She has the cute little "oo oo oo" cooing now. It's low pitched in sound, so not monkey like. But I still call her my chunky monkey on the changing table. I haven't decided if that's poo related or chubby limbs related yet. Maybe both!
This child loooooves to be naked on the changing table. If you want smiles out of her, just change her diaper. It's so cute! Her legs kick really hard in the mornings so I always have to wait for her to get it out of her system before I try and wrangle the things. We hold very in depth conversations involving the state of her bum. It's serious business, really.
jamie

No comments:
Post a Comment