Today was Kaylee's 2 month doctor appointment. The good part is that she's now 24.25 inches long and 12lbs 8oz. She's in the 97th or so percentile for length, gonna be one tall girl! She's been wearing 3 month onsies ever since she turned 4 weeks, and now they're starting to get tight to button around her diaper. Granted the cloth diapers add a good inch of thickness or so to get around, but still! She's the length of your average 4 month old, hehe.
The bad part is, she got shots today; three of them. I think it's worse on the parents then the baby, since she won't remember it tomorrow but we still will. It was sooo hard not to cry, she screamed louder then I've ever heard her. Poor thing was so red and upset! I got some infant Tylenol since the doctor said it was okay to use it if she has any reaction to the shots. The worse case senario would be she gets a fever. If she's fussy and upset from the pain then I'll give her some, which is a more mild reaction.
I know there was a lot of debate over the years about giving children their vaccinations, but the way they are given has been changed and now there are problems with kids that haven't had their vaccinations. So I'm all for Kaylee getting hers. I just wish there was an easier way, which I have a sinking suspecion all parents do.
Overall she is doing very well. When on her tummy she can now lift her head above her shoulders for a few seconds, and has had her head up off the ground to the count of ten. When burping her she almost always holds her head up and looks around. She follows toys with her eyes as well as follows us. She's sleeping 5-6 hours at night between feedings still, and from what reading I've done she won't be sleeping through the night until 6 months or so. Some think that if you feed a baby cereal before bed it helps them sleep because their tummys stay fuller longer. We'll see when we get there! I don't know when I want to start Kaylee on solid foods yet.
I went and got copies of that adorable grin made. Now I just need an 8x10 frame! hehe! I have some 5x7's for grandparents too, just have to get them delivered ;)
jamie

1 comment:
Eeeeeeee! We get a copy??
Post a Comment