Friday, February 13, 2009

9 Weeks

So I've been debating on how to track Kaylee's age. Do I go by the 11th of every month to do her month by month? Or do I go by Thursdays week by week? I've finally settled on Thursday. Besides, I was due on a Thursday and I counted my weeks pregnant by that day. It's a good day. Right before Friday, and everyone loves Fridays. So by that reasoning, Kaylee is 9 weeks now. She's lifted her head up a few times to the point that her chest is off the ground, but not for very long. Yet. Last night she went 7 hours between feedings though, boy was I surprised when I woke up! She had gone right to sleep when I fed her previously so I got a full 6 hours of sleep. What a difference! I haven't had 6 hours of sleep in a row since Sept. of '08! She's still uncontrollably fussy when she first wakes up and screams until she gets one boob in her. This makes it difficult when she needs to be changed badly, but nothing a burp cloth wrapped around her backside hasn't fixed. I'm hoping she'll go back to the smiles when she wakes up in a few days.

I decided to get What to Expect in the First Year since I bought What to Expect When You're Expecting and read it from cover to cover. Having the knowledge was both a relief and a stresser, but at least I was able to prepare ahead of time. I keep finding myself wondering when will she do this or when will she do that, and I know this book will have the general outlines for such things. Granted I could hunt through the internet to find such information but my eyes and patience can only take so much. Thankfully I have the luxury to buy the book.

I can't wait to get our tax return! It's so exciting to check our WaMu account every morning to see if it's there or not. Almost like winning the lottery, hehe. I want to go buy Kaylee toys!

jamie

No comments: