Thursday, June 18, 2009

While Galen Was Gone...

While Galen was gone camping Kaylee learned how to gurgle and suck her thumb. You know how you gurgle mouthwash or the like? Yeah, she does that, only adorably. She used to chew/suck on various fingers, but now she's down to just her thumb. Only in the afternoon/evenings though. I have yet to see her do it before noon.

She has also cut down her midnight feedings, without me! The night I decided I was going to enforce the "none but one" rule, she did it herself. I dunno if I should be excited or worried that she reads my mind so well. She is also sleeping 12 hours at night now. 7pm to 7am. She used to get up at 5:30-6am. No more! I love it. Absolutely love it. I hope she stays on this schedule for awhile.

Kaylee has become much more dainty when we feed her. She used to get food all over her face, hands, arms, the tray, everything. Now she will suck the food off of her lower lip and it's a 50/50 if she even sticks fingers in her mouth. She's like a little birdie, opening up and sticking her tongue out waiting for food. :) We found out that she does like peas, but the store bought kind. The first peas we fed her were my version from the Cuisinart. At least she likes my sweet potato and carrots!

jamie

No comments: