Kaylee has been working on a poo since yesterday. She managed to get a little bit out last night but I knew she wasn't done. Strange how I know these things now. This afternoon she was screwing her face up all red and grunting, the first time she's done this. By this evening she was crying and going redfaced grunting. Not fun! So with prunes for dinner I gave her two little drops of Karo Syrup on her baby spoon with hopes it would help her poo. Then we spent a long relaxing, and super splashing, time in the tub. Sure enough she managed to poo, but was screaming! She cried and cried after and I had to hold her all naked wrapped in a towel until she calmed down. Then the evening went into naked wiggle time like normal. Poor thing! I'm thinking it was the papaya that plugged her up, since that was the last new thing she had.
I'll probably give her a baby spoonful of Karo Syrup tomorrow to help things along, as well as getting her to drink from her sippy cup more. Her poo is pretty hard, heck I wouldn't want mine that hard, so I've read that adding water/juice can help. Plus it's prefectly acceptable to do so now that she's six months old. Has anyone else used Karo Syrup to help ease constipation in an infant?
jamie

No comments:
Post a Comment