Kaylee is getting baby foods morning noon and night now. Morning and noon are smaller amounts, usually half a container or less (about an ounce). While night is a full container. So far she likes the following; sweet potato, carrots, prunes, pears, apricot/apple and banana. She doesn't like peas or squash. At least on the first 3 day trial. Right now we're working on green beans and it's only soso. She will eat them when alternated with a fruit.
If I can buy a fruit or veggie fresh, I will do so and puree it myself. If I can't, like pears, I will buy it organic for her. I want Kaylee to try as many foods as possible so she can taste the rainbow! hehe. Thankfully I'm up to 2-3 hours for breastfeeding instead of the 1.5-2 hour range as before. I also bought a sippy cup to get her familiar with it. I introduced it to her before a feeding while she was in her highchair, and she drank out of it if I held the cup. Holding it on her own will take some practice.
I'm growing more worried by the day that she hasn't rolled over. She will lay on her side and arch her back while looking up to grab a toy, or look at a cat. But never all the way over. She has rolled from her tummy to back twice, but still hates being on her tummy for long. On her tummy on the floor that is. On the couch? Sure. Being held? Sure. Over my leg?! Sure. But not just on the floor. It's weird. She's a strange one. She will sit in her Bumbo just fine though, and will sit with just my hands around her waist. So we're almost to the sitting part! But no rolling over. Her six month checkup is June 11th. So close! She's almost six months old... can you believe it?
jamie

No comments:
Post a Comment