Almost three weeks old now, how strange is that? Time flies when you're having fun! Kaylee is doing pretty good at sleeping in three hour stretches. Galen discovered that she really really likes looking at bright lights. I used this to my advantage last night (this morning?) by walking in the kitchen with both lights on and she zonked out in two minutes flat. Strange huh? But neat! I'm glad he figured it out. The cloth diapers are working just fine with the bonus (for winter) that she stays extra warm in them. Having your bum wrapped in fleece will do that! They look so big on her it's kinda funny, but I'm hoping we won't have issues in the summer with overheating.
I'm happy to say I haven't been hit with any postpartum depression, yet. It was a big concern for me given the issues I've had in the past. Granted there have been the hard nights, but that's to be expected with a newborn. Galen has been very helpful and we have a pretty good routine going so that we both get some sleep. If I go too far into sleep dep I tend to fall apart at the seams. I was also at the doctor yesterday and learned that I'm only six pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight! Yes ladies and gents, I've lost 32 pounds in under three weeks. Granted nine of that was Kaylee, but hot dang! I'm one happy camper.
And in case you haven't heard, Galen's sister Naomi is having a baby! She's due in August, which I do not envy. Is there ever a good month to be nine months pregnant in? I dunno, hehe. This is wonderful timing, if unplanned, so that the cousins will be close in age to play! Congrats Naomi and Mason, I'm sure you two will make wonderful and loving parents.
jamie

1 comment:
Hooray! good for you, Jamie. :-) Sounds like recovery is going well...and you look great! It was incredible to see your family last week. Have a great New Year's celebration, and all the best in 2009!
Post a Comment