Thursday, December 4, 2008

38 Weeks

I've never had so much activity out of this little one then I have in the last week. She moves every time I wake up to use the bathroom in the night, every time I eat during the day, and just whenever she feels like it. There's also more movement below my belly button then I'm used to, and it's kinda strange feeling. At my last fetal monitoring the nurse said that her hands were in fists, an indication of good muscle tone, but I also feel them!

Last night during dinner I had my worst round of cramps, toe curling good actually. I was stuck on the couch unable to get up, and through the whole thing she had hiccups! It didn't help. These cramps were also different, in that it was about ten minutes of constant low level pain, with waves of very sharp pain that came and went pretty fast, all low in my belly like menstrual cramps. I managed to get up between one of these waves and as soon as I was able to walk around for a few seconds it went away. Much to my relief.

Apparently the level of pain from being induced is quite a bit higher then a naturally occurring labor. It has to do with not being fully dilated but having baby bear down on you anyway because of the induction. According to my OB, the vast majority of women that get induced also have an epidural because of these more intense contractions. I'm inclined to take her advice on the matter.

38 weeks and I'm ready to have this child! Of course, not until after lunch on Friday, wouldn't want to miss that. But seriously... anytime will do. Please? Labor dust!!

jamie

No comments: