Lynnette and I went out to Target today and finished off my baby registry as well as picking up baby shower cards. So exciting! I picked out three new maternity shirts as well, since I'm running out of my old shirts that fit. I've been fighting with my blood sugar all this last week, it's been too low and amazingly volatile. Here's the difference. Breakfast consists of a bagel with cheese and a 1/2 cup of cranberry juice. Normally I just have a bowl of cereal, which is a lot less carbs, so I take 12 of my insulin. It makes my blood sugar after breakfast around 100. This is good, it's what I want. So when I switch breakfasts, I stay with the same dose and adjust according to my blood sugar. New breakfast shoots me up to 180. Not good. So I increase my dose to 14 the next day. Blood sugar drop to 80. Notice the difference of only TWO points in my insulin. Yeah, go hormones. Hence the daily struggle to find a balance.
Which leads us back to Target! I didn't know if I was just tired, the day was hot, or what, but I was warm. Too warm. It could also mean my blood sugar was too low. Tiny dizzy spells lead me to believe it was my blood sugar, so I got a little candy from Lynnette and figured I'd be fine for the next 10 minutes so we could get out of the store. Whee! Instead I freak out my sister by almost falling over and blacking out. It musta been on my face or something, because I couldn't convince her I was fine for a little bit. Hehe. Love you sis! No dots, no dizzy, just eyes suddenly roll up and I start to fall. Now I had plenty of consciousness left to catch myself, and I really was fine after that. Just scary.
On the plus side, I got a cherry icie on the way out. I love those things, they turn your tongue red. Not often I get to drink pure sugar! Oh, and I checked my blood sugar when I got home. 122. This means I was probably down in the 50's since I drank that much pure sugar. 50's aren't good. 40's are worse, and 30's means you pass out. Sooo... I cross my fingers and hope it was 50's!
>.>
BABY STUFF!
Oh, and Kaylee only likes to kick Lynnette in the head. It's official. *grins*
jamie

No comments:
Post a Comment