Kaylee has been quiet for the last few days compared to before, but I get the little nudges and bumps still. I bet she's running out of room! According to Parenting.com: "She can make a fist and reach her feet, and may already exhibit a preference for her left or right hand. Your uterus is now about the size of a soccer ball." I've noticed the swelling in my feet and ankles already too. When in the kitchen my feet ache something horrible after about 10 minutes. I mean, the wincing hissing pain when I put them up to rest. I wonder if I can find some sort of supportive inhouse shoe to help. The problem is I'm warming up now too, and if I wear my normal shoes I'll overheat. More money! Oyii!
I've tackled our food budget after keeping track of how much we spent over July. It wasn't very pretty. So I'm inching us back bit by bit and trying out $80 a week. This includes all food, medications (which are about $80 a month), and cat food/litter. Thanks to this wonderful website I've gotten so many new ideas and recipes that I've been reading everything I can get my hands on. Simple things like, 1/4 cup of white vinegar on the rise cycle as fabric softener instead of the expensive store version. I made this recipe tonight and Galen loved it. Woo! I also made this Waldorf Salad this afternoon, which was much praised as well. While there is more time involved in living cheaper, it's worth it. Nothing beats a home cooked meal!
jamie

No comments:
Post a Comment