How often do you eat out? It seems to be the big thing, since people either don't have the time, will, skill, or energy to cook themselves. I think eating out should be a treat. That one night a week, a month, a year, that you get to spend with friends or family and do something special. But eating out has turned into this weekly thing, where you drive through a fast food place, pick out a burger'n'fries and you're on your way.
So I ask again, how often do you eat out? Galen and I probably have fast food once every 10 days or so. A little more then a week. Usually it replaces dinner when we're both utterly exhausted from work/baby. But is this an acceptable thing? Maybe we should keep more easy things in the freezer to eat. That has to be healthier then whatever we'd get from a window. Ugh.
So far we have averaged 1 nice dinner a month since Kaylee was born. This I find acceptable. There's a big difference in the quality of food from a sit down meal and a window. Money is always tight, and I have to wonder if I can find a better, easier, faster meal, to keep at home, then going to that window. When we get fast food, it's usually $15 for the two of us. $15! What could I get for that same amount of money, that would be quick'n'easy to eat at home? Much to ponder...
jamie

3 comments:
I share your questioning, Jamie! Tim and I were eating out a lot (a LOT a lot) while we were both busy with work and I was in school and Tim was doing contract work. Who has time to cook? Plus it's not just cooking, it's grocery shopping, meal planning, and doing dishes. Lately my goal has been to eat in 4 nights a week. It's taken some work and planning, but I'm noticing benefits!
Eating out? What's that? Just kidding :) You know me, I eat fast food maybe once in six months. But George eats lunch out almost every week day when he's in PDX. We also go out for a 'nice' dinner usually once a month, I think that's a good average for our budget also. I do need to work on him about taking his lunch....
Galen was horrible about buying stuff for lunch, he works at a Freds after all! Used to be over $100 a month just for snackish and lunch foods. Now it's maybe $10.
Post a Comment