I've been trying to get Kaylee's bedtime moved a tad later so I can get more sleep. She has been going to bed 6:30pm to 7pm as of late, but I go to bed at 9pm. I've tried going to sleep when she does, but it just won't work. Well today she went to bed at 6:30pm and then woke back up at 7pm. Interesting, but okay. So I entertain her with a story and some quiet time, nothing to excite her too much. Then a little bit of boob and back to bed by 8pm. She's happy as a clam. Where did that saying come from anyway? How happy are clams?
I peek in on her at 8:20pm to fix her blanket and what not. Lo! Her bright eyes stare up at me and she gets all wiggly and grins. Why is she still awake? When I put her down she was out like a light. (again, the weird sayings, what's with me tonight?) So I fix her blanket, put her cork back in, turn on her music, place Eeyore in her hands and leave her be. No noise, no fuss, no crying.
8:40pm I peek in on her again, but it's too dark so I turn on the hall light so I can see. She looks up at me and gets all wiggly with smiles. Why is she still awake? So I fix her blanket, put her cork back in, turn on her music, place Eeyore in her hands and leave her be. No noise, no fuss, no crying. Do we sense a pattern here? It's almost 9pm. I'm gonna check on her soon. Hopefully she'll be asleep this time!
jamie

No comments:
Post a Comment