Can you believe it? 5 months already? Where'd the time go?! What happened to my little tiny girl that could fit in my lap all stretched out when I nursed her? *sigh* And to top it off my camera died so I couldn't take pictures yesterday. I'll be going to the store today tho, and make sure I get pictures up tonight or tomorrow morning.
According to the book that I have, Kaylee should be able to do the following by her 5th month: hold head steady when upright, on stomach, raise chest, supported by arms, pay attention to an object as small as a raisin, squeal in delight, reach for an object, smile spontaneously, smile back when you smile, grasp a rattle held to backs or tips of fingers, keep head level with body when pulled to sitting.
Whew! What a list! And the best part is she's doing all of them! She's also blowing raspberries, rolling side to side, and turns to look at me when I talk to her. She will work a little bit to get a toy out of reach when on her tummy, can pass toys from hand to hand, and make some of the combination sounds. Most notably her "bawoo woo" pitiful tired sound. She's also getting very proficient in eating from a spoon. I pureed my own sweet potato, and we have organic prunes bought from the store for her. She likes both, as well as carrots (that I need to puree still). She's nursing every 2 hours still, but can stretch it out to 3 at times. The last four days she has moved her bedtime from 7pm to 8pm and now sleeps until 4-5am, wakes to eat, and goes back to sleep until 7-8am. Wonderful!! She's down to 2 naps a day, one late morning (like now 11:15am) and one late afternoon, around 3pm.
Overall she's a very happy and even tempered baby. Except for last night, apparently. Lynnette came over to babysit while I went to my first Mom's Night Out with a new group I found online. I was gone from 6-8pm and Kaylee decided she was going to cry from 7-8pm. I don't know who I feel more sorry for, Lynnette or Kaylee! For the first three months of Kaylee's life, if she was crying about something that I couldn't immediately fix, it would make me cry too. Heck, I still do sometimes. Also, I would be snuggling her or nursing, and start thinking about how much I love her and how lucky I am, and just break down into tears. Happy tears, but still! Woe betide us women to our emotions.
So I got Kaylee on my lap and stuck her to a boob, and she would suck for 5 seconds, and then look up at me and make pitiful "wah!" sounds. I would talk to her and she would go back to nursing. Then repeat. Probably six times or so before she would just eat. It was as if she had to keep looking up and making sure I was really there. While sweet and endearing, I can see my time getting out of the house without her dropping drastically. When she's awake anyway.
I am enjoying the company of the new group that I found. I have a playdate this Friday and next, both of which I'm looking forward to. Not only for some mom conversation, but for a chance to get Kaylee around other children. I've also been invited to a smaller offshoot of this new group, which I will be meeting with this week at some point. Wed or Thurs more than likely. So far it seems like a good fit, but we'll see! Now it's time for a shower since the little girlie is asleep. Ah, I look forward to my showers now. Little luxuaries of me time.
jamie

No comments:
Post a Comment