Friday, May 29, 2009

Bumbo

Yay for the Bumbo! For those of you that don't know, it's an infant seat that helps children learn to sit. As well as being darn convenient for many things. So far Kaylee has been fine in it, but seems confused about how to get her toes. I'll get a picture soon, I promise! I bought it from a gal in a playgroup I joined for $20, half price of a new one. These things can't "go bad". They're darn indestructable.

But the biggest bonus of the day was she brought a bag of basic clothes size 12-18 months for me to look through and pick out some I might want. I started picking out some onsies and asked her how much she wanted for them. She said $10 for the whole bag. I tried not to squeak out loud. As it was, I only had $8 extra with me, told her so, and was about to offer to pick just a few, when she said I could have it all anyway. Wow. Just wow. Either she didn't care, or her family is very well off. There were 15 onsies. If I bought a onsie at Spankies (second hand) when it was marked down, the cheapest I could find is about $2. Hmm, lets do some math shall we? There were also 4 outfits, a hat and a swimsuit! The swimsuit will fit her next summer, since it's a 2T. ZOMG! *boggles* I now have all her basics covered through 12 month.

Sometimes we do get lucky with the little things in life :)

jamie

No comments: