Today I had my first playdate! I've found a nice group of mom's through a website called Meetup.com, and I think I got pretty lucky since it was a shot in the dark! I was scrambling my brain trying to figure out how to find other mom's in the area that I could get together with and the internet always has the answer. So far Kaylee is the youngest of the bunch, everyone else is walkin'. Well, Lynnette techincally has Norah being the youngest, but she isn't born yet so that doesn't count!
I've really enjoyed having other moms to talk with and know where I'm coming from. It's a relief to have a message board to chat on, vent on, and have fun with. Since summer is just beginning I forsee a fun adventure with new friends.
Imagine that, me with friends! I'm such a horrible introvert that it seems strange. I can still hear my mom's voice saying "Oh how exciting Jamie, you made a friend!" Looking back, I only had two I would call friend through middle/high school and then Galen's friends after that. But none of my own. And Galen's friends were all guys. No females to chatter with. Kinda makes a gal even more introverted. No wonder I had issues, heh.
No more! Time to dive in feet first and hope the water's just fine :)
jamie

1 comment:
Yay - we are so excited to have you join us. It's a fun, diverse group of women. We rock, eh?! Especially with members like you. :-)
Post a Comment