I went to the doctor this morning and took Kaylee with me. The doc says I'm A-OK! Everything has healed up well and all my innards are back to their normal size. The nurse that I saw for the last nine months and the doc were in love with Kaylee, who in turn was adorable and asleep for them. This was the first time I took Kaylee out by myself and it went just fine. She was awake in the waiting room for a little while but thankfully sleepy since I fed her before we left. A cork in her mouth and all was good.
After coming home for a feeding (for both of us), Galen and I went to Freds so others there could see Kaylee. A few groceries and many "awwww!" later we were home once again. I had Galen drag out my exercise bike so I can start using it in the mornings when Kaylee is playing on the floor and he's asleep. I fully intend on losing a minimum of 25 more pounds before having another child. I figured I would set something realistic and be thrilled with anything more.
Kaylee has started to smile for us now, and absolutely loves to have her feet jiggled around when she's on the floor. It's pretty cute to watch her and Galen since he's the one that usually jiggles her. We both have our soothing methods and when all else fails she gets passed off to the other. This is pretty rare though and has only happened a handful of times. For the most part Kaylee has been a happy and well behaved baby. She sleeps for a maximum of 4 hours at a time, once for 5. Boy was that one mad and hungry child when she woke, hehe. Once in a 24 hour period she will have 'awake' time were she will stay awake between feedings. Sometimes I get this in the morning and sometimes Galen gets it at night when I'm sleeping. If we're lucky she's happy the whole time, if not... well she can turn red from the roots of her hair to the tips of her toes, hehe.
Galen goes back to work this weekend. It should be quite the transition in help. I know my experience would be drasticlly different if he wasn't here for the first six weeks to help me. As it is now it was wonderful and very enlightening. I sure learned quick! Thankfully changing diapers never bothered me (I've had my first 3 wipe cleanup, boy was her bum yellow), and getting spit up on just comes with the job. I do a lot of laundry now.
There's a new rhythm to life, and I like it.
jamie

No comments:
Post a Comment