Sunday, May 25, 2008

Roll of Thunder

Last night, after 9pm, we had quite the storm. The news said that there was one inch of rain in one hour at the airport. At the height of the storm, the thunder was so loud it shook the floor and woke Galen up. Now -that- my friends, is a storm! We had mostly sheet lightning, but I did manage to see one bolt. I watched the show for a good half hour in the dark, and the sky lit up at least once every 20 seconds or better. Rain was coming down so hard I cracked open the window to hear the thunder better.

Seems the kitties weren't all that thrilled though, I had Tux in my lap at one point because he wanted to cuddle. I also have the tender new flesh flaps on my hand from him peeling out to get away. *sigh*

On a side note, we went to Office Max a few days back and bought a real laser light. Lots of fun with the kitties that way, I've even managed to run Tux into Susie. Also got Susie to dive half way under the couch after it. Hehe! They climb walls nicely, or try at least, and love chasing after it over a blanket or clothes.

Also, we put a bid in on that townhouse after having Church and Company give us an estimate on how much it would cost to repair/remodel the place. Seems we have to wait until after Memorial Day weekend to get an answer from the listing agent though. So far there haven't been any other bids on the place, so keep those fingers crossed.

jamie

No comments: