Monday, May 5, 2008

First time for everything

Just experienced my first sugar low. I checked it at 9am this morning, 133. Took a nap and woke up at 11am since I had to pee sooooo bad. Galen was home and I about staggered to the couch shaking. My mind was definitely fuzzy and I told him something about feeling so weak. He spouted off right away with 'check your blood sugar'. It was a trial getting to the sink to wash my hands and then to the table, but much sweating later and I did. Sure enough, I was at 59. Drinking a glass of juice didn't seem to do much in the first five min so I grabbed some lettuce, sliced up a tomato and two slices of cheese. Plus four big swallows of more juice. 20 min later I'm up to 103. Damn it's cold. Galen says it's much too hot in here but I'm freezing. See when I woke up I only had two things on my mind. Onion rings and tacos. He's out getting me the tacos now, hehe! I've been feeling cold lately quite often, but my sugars were never too low. Gotta be careful that the pregnancy strangeness and low sugar strangeness don't get me mixed up.

jamie

No comments: