A pleasant surprise this morning. I had the smallest slice of cake that mom could cut last night, and Galen ate the frosting. My sugars weren't high this morning. Granted they still need to come down in general (morning was 122), but at least it wasn't skyrocket high. Dr. Beard, the one monitoring my diabetes, only changed my doses a tiny bit and won't change them again for another week. The ideal morning number would be between 90-100 and after meals no higher then 120. My mornings have been in the 120's and my after meals still vary a lot. I'm kinda on a diet, where I watch my carbs and spread out what I eat at specific times each day. Makes for a rather rigid schedule, but I have seen the change in my numbers. It helps bring them down and even them out. No major spikes up anymore.
Apparently pregnant woman are more sensitive to carbs in the morning, so I eat 30 carbs for breakfast (among other things) and then 30 after I take my blood sugar 2 hours later. This equates out to 1 and a half cups of Special K cereal and then later two Eggo waffles. Freddies has waffles on sale for $1 per box atm. Yay for cheap food! I'm having a hard time finding another protein for the morning. Eggs are obvious, but what else is healthy? I'm not a huge egg fan to begin with, so it's hard to choke one down. I'm thinking ham, if I heat it up really good first. Not supposed to eat most lunchmeats.
Enough ranting! At 1pm Galen and I are going to look at a townhouse in Hazeldell. Cross your fingers it's what we want!
jamie

1 comment:
How was the place in Hazel Dell? You never told me how it went
Post a Comment